Controlled designation of origin*

vini-pagadebit

The floral scents are unmistakable in this pleasant native white grape, that is vinified dry in both still or sparkling versions. It is characterized by a distinct note of hawthorn with hints of grass and the flavor is predominantly dry. It became more widely known in the ’70s and is currently enjoying renewed interest, being matched with light or simpler dishes, particularly fish dishes made from local catch. It is an ideal accompaniment to consommé, cream soups, and simple pasta dishes with seasonal sauces.

A drop of history
It is said that even in the most difficult years, whatever the outcome of the harvest of other grapes, the Pagadebit vines would allow the winemaker to cover the debts incurred in the running of his vineyard. This was and remains the generosity of this grape variety, which has justly given its name to the wine.

CHARACTERISTICS

GRAPE VARIETY
“Romagna Pagadebit” must be obtained from at least 85% grapes of the Bombino b grape variety. Other white grape varieties, suitable for cultivation in the Emilia-Romagna region may be used to make up the remaining proportion to a maximum of 15 %.
For newly planted vines, the minimum density of plants per hectare must not be below 2,500.

YIELD:
Maximum production of grapes per hectare: 14 t.
PRODUCTION AREA:
Province of Forli / Cesena: 14 municipalities
Province of Ravenna: 5 municipalities
Province of Rimini: 10 municipalities

* Approved by Ministerial Decree 22.09.2011 Official Journal 235 of 8.10.2011
Amended by Ministerial Decree 30.11.2011
(recognized D.O.C. with Presidential Decree of 17.03.1988 Official Journal 38 of 15.02.1989)

WINE TYPES

Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: grassy, harmonious, pleasant, delicate;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 11.5%;
Residual reducing sugars: maximum 10 g/l.
Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: medium sweet, grassy, harmonious, pleasant, delicate;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 11.5%.
Mousse: fine and persistent;
Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: dry, grassy, fresh, harmonious, delicate;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 11.5%.
Mousse: fine and persistent;
Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: medium sweet, grassy, fresh, harmonious;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 11.5%.
Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: dry, grassy, harmonious, delicate;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 12.0%.
Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: medium sweet, grassy, harmonious, pleasant, delicate;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 12.0%.
Mousse: fine and persistent;
Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: dry, grassy, fresh, harmonious, delicate;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 12.0%.
Mousse: fine and persistent;
Color: varying degrees of straw-yellow;
Aroma: characteristic, recalling hawthorn;
Flavor: medium sweet, grassy, harmonious, delicate;
Total minimum alcohol content by volume: 12.0%.

DOWNLOAD

Romagna Pagadebit data sheet Wines of Romagna data sheet Production regulations